Saturday, November 15, 2014

Famous Last Words: My Best Writing

Writing. Scrapbookoftruth.net
Writing is not something that has ever come easy for me. I am from an extremely small high school in literally the middle of nowhere and graduated from that school not even knowing how to properly write an essay. You can imagine that moving to a college setting, where writing is an extremely vital skill to have, I was lost. I visited the Writing Center on the University of Oklahoma campus more times than I can count and I worked with my professors to build my writing habits.

I have found that my habits in writing have changed somewhat in this course. Normally, I have to write somewhere where it is extremely silent. I can't have any background noise or distractions. However, in this course, I have found that my best writing happens in the lounge of the residence hall I live in. There is always a lot of activity happening here, and I write best for this class when there is some background noise. I think this has to do with the nature of the stories I have chosen to read in this course. For the most part, the stories I have read have been upbeat, fun, and somewhat whimsical.

I have also found that I like reading stories about different cultures more than I thought I did. I feel like I learned so much outside of writing in this course and I am really thrilled about that. This truly is one of my most favorite classes I have taken here because I have truly enjoyed what I was reading. In the past, I haven't always enjoyed what I was reading, but I liked that I had a choice of what to read and could choose the stories I wanted to read each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment